01 February 2020
This project changed-up my rear-drawer setup to remove the drawer platform, and replace it with a custom-built dog crate, along with a single drawer on the side.
Like the rear-drawers project, everything started off with a base plate. It was then carpeted, and L-tracks were attached for a trial run.
The base plate was attached to original seat hardware using these u-bolt type clamps I found at the local Home Depot (in the rope section).
I then built a side drawer, and a separate top-plate that bolts to the drawer itself. This plate extends over the wheel well, allowing for maximum storage space. I later added a series of D-ring tie downs to both the plate and the side of the drawer.
The drawer and top-plate are both covered in several layers of Herculiner - a tough, durable truck-bed coating.
Despite its narrow size, the drawer is quite voluminous and fits a significant amount of gear.
On top of the drawer I'm able to fit, and individually tie-down the following: